• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

WIll you buy the PS5 or Xbox Two once it comes out?

yoyodude

Recommendation: www.myFreeOnes.com
Will you buy it on launch/release day? If not, how long will you wait before switching over to next-gen? PlayStation 5 should come out next year and the Xbox Two (doubt it will be called that) should be coming along also. I have never bought a console on launch day but I will this time for the PS5. Grand Theft Auto 6 is rumored to be a launch game and is exclusive for 1 month to PlayStation. I'm already excited and ready to switch over to next-gen. I have a Xbox One, a brand new and sealed PS4 and another one which I'm currently using. I will sell those 3 once the PS5 is released so money won't be a problem for me. The PS5 will cost around $500.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
I don't have a PS4, so with BC I'm seriously looking to get a PS5 close to launch, or at least at the first price drop so I can take advantage of the PS4 clearance sales when they happen.

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
There is very little chance I will buy one at launch. If I buy one of the next generation consoles, and that's a big if, it will be a couple years after they release. Most of my games I have bought the last 5 years have been on PC so unless it has a bunch of fantastic exclusives that I can't live without, which is unlikely, I don't know if I will get it. I bought the PS 4 years after it released, and I think I ended up getting seven games for it, after thinking there would be a bunch of games I would grab over the years to play on it. Four of them I also have on PC. It's just too much of an expense to go through another situation like that. It might suck if there are a couple console exclusives I really want to get in any of the next generation consoles, but I'm about 20 years past the point of being willing to get system just for that.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Legit have only had a PS4 for 8 months to a year or so. Grrr.

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
Depends on the games at launch. The PS2 is the only console I've ever bought day 1, I usually wait a year because the launch games usually suck. I'd be very surprised if GTA 6 was announced as a launch title.

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Another good reason to wait until well after launch is it's almost always a pain in the ass to try and get a new console around it's launch date, and even more so if it's around the holiday season. I'm wouldn't be willing to pay some scalper or fight crowds late at night in some local shopping center to do it. Plus, as time goes on it seems there is an ever greater chance something is wrong with the consoles as they just come out whether it being they are poorly rushed and constructed or designed wrong so they overheat or have some software problem. The only console I ever got at launch was the PS2 also, and that's because I was lucky enough to pre-order one months and months in advance back then. I wouldn't even do that now as I don't pre-order anything having to do with video games anymore, and haven't in a long time just out of principle as there have been too many people that get ripped off that way. The video game industry is shadier than it was back then, and for the games themselves and not the consoles it's not like there has been any supply issues in a long time.

yoyodude

Recommendation: www.myFreeOnes.com
Another good reason to wait until well after launch is it's almost always a pain in the ass to try and get a new console around it's launch date, and even more so if it's around the holiday season. I'm wouldn't be willing to pay some scalper or fight crowds late at night in some local shopping center to do it. Plus, as time goes on it seems there is an ever greater chance something is wrong with the consoles as they just come out whether it being they are poorly rushed and constructed or designed wrong so they overheat or have some software problem. The only console I ever got at launch was the PS2 also, and that's because I was lucky enough to pre-order one months and months in advance back then. I wouldn't even do that now as I don't pre-order anything having to do with video games anymore, and haven't in a long time just out of principle as there have been too many people that get ripped off that way. The video game industry is shadier than it was back then, and for the games themselves and not the consoles it's not like there has been any supply issues in a long time.

You have a good point. I remember buying a PlayStation 4 less than a year after its release and mine was defective. I bought 6 games for it and none of the games would work. The disc drive wasn't working properly and I had to return it to Sony. They sent me another console and it worked perfect after that. It's a hassle but I probably can't wait to get my hands on the PS5 when everyone, especially my friends, will have one come launch.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Most definitely.

Bluejaye

Sex Junkie
Only when I fee like blowing a large chunk of cash on something that will make all of the games I like playing obsolete (again).