• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Video Games That Are Supposedly Good, But You Don't Like

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I'll go first.

Monster Hunter World. Stupid popular, totally not feeling it. I found it too goofy and I lasted about 30-40 minutes before sending her back to gamefly. I was told its more fun when played with friends online. I'm more of a solo gamer, or local 2 player.

sean miguel

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Monster Hunter World is also really popular with cats:

for me it would be Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I acknowledge it's a very good/excellent game but just not for me. The text-based dialogue is probably the biggest turn-off.

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Are we considering "good" and "popular" to be the same thing in this discussion? If so then I will throw out the 800 pound gorilla in this, Fortnite. Sure it might be the most popular game now, and might go on to be one of the most popular games ever, but it's just not a good game,...like at all.

I mean while they might not be my thing I can at least see why people like stuff like Minecraft, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, or even some dumb ass thing like Call of Duty, but Fortnite? It makes me wonder if twenty years from now if people will look back at it's success and wonder what the hell everybody was thinking.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Any MMOG. Not a fan of subscription services or playing against people who spend their life in the game.

Automate

Tip: install a spycam in your toilet.
MMO games are shit indeed, every single one of them. Subscription based games in general should be completely destroyed. Dead-end brainless bullshit repetition, raids, microtransactions and all that's bad and unwholesome, laden to an absolute overflowing overabundance.

Additionally, Dark Souls. Could have had fighting mechanics similar to Severance: Blade of Darkness but didn't. Failure no. 1 there. Additionally corpses vanish into thin air, no gibbing, no blood, no proper violence, retardedly bad hitboxes and so on.

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
Played Fortnite, didn't like it and deleted it immediately. Played Overwatch, although I enjoyed playing D. Va and got pretty good with her when I played the free week trial, I thought the game overall was meh at best.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Neverwinter. I didn't even make it through character creation. If I can't make a proper wizard, you can fuck the fuck off.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Are we considering "good" and "popular" to be the same thing in this discussion? If so then I will throw out the 800 pound gorilla in this, Fortnite. Sure it might be the most popular game now, and might go on to be one of the most popular games ever, but it's just not a good game,...like at all.

I mean while they might not be my thing I can at least see why people like stuff like Minecraft, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, or even some dumb ass thing like Call of Duty, but Fortnite? It makes me wonder if twenty years from now if people will look back at it's success and wonder what the hell everybody was thinking.

Too true, my man.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Halo. I'm going to say it. Talk about generic FPS. There's nothing cool about it. At least Doom had a theme - demons, gore, the BFG. I don't like Doom but at least its interesting. With Halo.. its what? Space kinda? Things look nice and neat? Protagonist has no personality whatsoever.. I honestly don't see the appeal.

The series, as far as I know, is like gods gift to FPS's but my eyes roll over just looking for something interesting to look at, and for that reason, it has been chopped.

tvstrip

MMO games are shit indeed, every single one of them. Subscription based games in general should be completely destroyed. Dead-end brainless bullshit repetition, raids, microtransactions and all that's bad and unwholesome, laden to an absolute overflowing overabundance.
Couldn't have said it better. We should pay 1 price and that should be it. I might be ok with "season passes" IF it's legit DLC (not paywalled) and the price is fair. But ongoing fees? Microtransactions that end up costing more than the game itself? Fuck That.

That's what got me off of Pokemon. I think I paid for 2 yrs of that pokebank subscription, just enough so that I could transfer my living dex, but after that I figured... why am I paying for the game AND a subscription for a feature that should be free?

whalers90

Freeones T-shirt Winner
for me it was 2 games, please don't crucify me.

like Freeones_Adam = Halo was one for me - i got bored extremely quick and had friends always asking me to play. i said the game is not interesting. it seemed like i was doing the same thing over and over. don't get me wrong i am sure every game is like that somewhat repetitive to an extent.

2nd for me was Gears of War - i really liked the 1st one but never went back because i have spent a lifetime of playing "linear" games and its boring- go left down this path... kill 2 enemies... right down this path kill 4 enemies.... go up these stairs and kill 18 horde members... then....go left down this path... kill 2 enemies... right down this path kill 4 enemies.... go up these stairs and kill 18 horde members... then....go left down this path... kill 2 enemies... right down this path kill 4 enemies.... go up these stairs and kill 18 horde members... then....go left down this path... kill 2 enemies... right down this path kill 4 enemies.... go up these stairs and kill 18 horde members... then....go left down this path... kill 2 enemies... right down this path kill 4 enemies.... go up these stairs and kill 18 horde members... then....go left down this path... kill 2 enemies... right down this path kill 4 enemies.... go up these stairs and kill 18 horde members... then.... = i have played a lifetime of linear games ( call of duty WW games,medal of honor, Doom over and over btw because i love that series) i can't do linear anymore unless it's some game i really really like.

i know Fallout series is extremely repetitive but if i can just go do whatever the fuk i want and not be stuck in a specific route ...then i love that type of game. non linear, do what i want.

honorable mention - dead island - OMG i think i may have voiced my frustration with that game back years ago here on this board. OMG can you go back to our hut and get my daughters teddy bear? ok... can you go fetch my police records ? ok... can you try to find my brother? ok... it got to a point after 2 or 3 days of doing those menial tasks i had to just finish the game and trade it in. i hated it

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
I have Halo 1 and 2 but have never completed them. Couldn't really get into the Halo series, which almost made me skip on Destiny since it's from Bungie. I only gave the Destiny Beta a try because a friend told me they have speeder bikes like in Return of the Jedi. Like Destiny, flaws and all, not crazy about Halo.

I liked Gears of War 1 and 2 but by 3, I was pretty much done with the series. I didn't even bother with Judgment.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Call of duty. Putting frantic, CONTRIVED pace over actual tactics. (E.g. Endless enemy waves UNTIL you reach some invisible checkpoint.) They have been doing that since the earliest WW2 COD games.
Battlefield. Was good until 3. Now.. multiplayer crap.
Every sports game. Really? You pay 60$ for up-to-date rosters? Fuck you.
Halo. Okay, the first game was a retooled masterpiece that had crap graphics but good gameplay. But halo2 went batshit with the 'dual wielding', required the latest version of windows (REALLY?! And the fans defended it like they knew what they were talking about. E.g. "It uses advanced graphics, it needs up to date windows software. Me: ... no, it runs perfectly fine on the xbox. Which has been out for YEARS.)

....aaaaand I gotta go to work. Bleh. Later, fucknuts. ;)

TaylorVixenFan

FreeOnes is pumping through my veins!
Fortnite and overwatch...also call of duty. just not my thing. also i can think of lot of games i love that others hate

whalers90

Freeones T-shirt Winner
Fortnite and overwatch...also call of duty. just not my thing. also i can think of lot of games i love that others hate

i have that H1Z1, i made it to #7 in my first play, i have played it maybe 3 times since then. i see it regularly update but it's been maybe 10 months since i last played it.

TaylorVixenFan

FreeOnes is pumping through my veins!
i have that H1Z1, i made it to #7 in my first play, i have played it maybe 3 times since then. i see it regularly update but it's been maybe 10 months since i last played it.

never heard of that game...i've been Dragon Age Inquisition i got the Game of the year edition for 9.99 on playstation store on sale. gotta say i fucking love it!!! beautiful game. don't see all the hate it got.

namedatazz

9 out of 10 perverts prefer Freeones
Half-Life 2. The game was overrated for its time and it's still overrated.

Oh and PubG. Super overrated.

The Yak

I could not get into Red Dead Redemption 2.