• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anyone here play Final Fantasy Brave Exvius?

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Hey, don't worry about me. I'm good where I am now. I might login if I see an interesting event, or when I feel like clearing the story. I do want to see how it ends (if it ever does).
No way I'm going back to dailies or trials as my units & weapons are probably outdated from not playing regularly for months now.

Nice pull with the Nympho-Vampire. Is she still good or does CG Charlotte outclass her?

I actually did fire it up to play the raid since it was FFVI. Boy it was disappointing. No story, no dialogue and the battle itself was boring without any of the cool attacks the original battle had in the game.
Heck, they could have had a couple of warm up battles with the Imperial Air Force Air-Armors. I'm looking to play whatever level CG Tina is going to bring, hopefully that will be better.

~~whimsy~~

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Oh I know man. I'm just saying I miss a partner in crime to talk updates with. No worries man enjoy your free time lmao

Yeah Lillith is still great. No WKN, Basch or whats his name. But especially in arena if she is stacked with good stats and items she is hated immensely! I went ahead and used moogles and 7* her. She in arena as we discuss her :1orglaugh

I'm only doing raid due to starting it, feeling lackluster but I figured I'd 2 or 3 5 rounds throughout the day for the cactuar. And possible 4* tix.

~~whimsy~~

Wow. Sure. Once I stop playing after couple days not worrying about consecutive logins and dailies I'm better. Miss my awesome TT and Fina. But a nice break is what is needed.

tvstrip

Ladyhero put up a joke entry for the FFBE boss contest:

last entry for FFBE unit contest- boss design. The Intern will sometime use "That was a MIsTAke!" and accidentally buff the player party. If the player doesn't dispel their own team, then The Intern will use "EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE" Leading to a nuke and a snort.

LOL

~~whimsy~~

Haha sounds like a legit character:1orglaugh

~~whimsy~~

I haven't been on it since I said I quit. I been kinda thinking of downloading it again and at least see if I get a heck of a welcome back gifts lol

The one game I play sets you up nicely with welcome back gifts if go a month I guess not playing. Get a week worth of goodies and it by Gumi too but different branch not the ffbe branch from my understanding. Alsp no Alim involvment

I guess they have a new Zyrus and honestly looks dumb. The game seems to be hanging on with both hands but the little bit I check out on reddit seems uninspiring.

tvstrip

Had some time and I saw there was a Lasworm story event, so I thought it might be important to the plot and fired it up.

An app update and several multi-gig in-game updates later...
...it adds nothing to the story. He just goes down memory lane star-wars force-ghosting all the people who died during season 2.
The worst part is that it makes you use up 2 slots for the free characters if you want to complete the missions, and AFAIK they are pretty useless.

~~whimsy~~

Wow. They must be scraping. One of the biggest reasons deleting game was due to it being so damn bloated! Took up way more GBs than it ever should have I think. And having to delete cache/data to get rid of excess only to have another almost 1.5-2gb download every two weeks it seemed. No. Usless space for a game that is scraping by. I miss some things but it really dwindled once they started making OP units every 2 weeks outdating the previous set almost. Or an extremely OP where all needed was two or three and tank and healer.

Game kinda imploded doing too little, but way too much.

They should honestly have stuck with once a month updates and kept new units scarce along with soooooo many events. It became a chore. Like you said, you felt relieved lol

tvstrip

Looked at the current trial boss.
100% elemental resistance (ALL), 80% non-elemental resistance, 800 Mill HP, AOE MP drain, AEO death, AOE Disease etc...
And the "reward" is an emblem.

Yeah, not happening.

~~whimsy~~

Is that that Tyrant? I read some on reddit earlier this week and kept reading bout a Tyrant. I didn't bother looking up. Seriously the game seems to ve in a current vicious spiral of overloading content instead of letting players look forward to something once a month. Overload every two weeks.

And item world being monthly just provides more OP characters. It became saturated and head above water.

You still login or just read around?

tvstrip

I read around, and if there's something interesting I might login & play. I'm picky because EVERY TIME I login, that means another 10 min+ update. I don't have the time or energy to play this every day. But like you, I still haven't deleted it. If I do play, I'll do it on the weekend since that's when they sometimes have those free pulls.

I don't know if it's a tyrant. I just skimmed his stats and was like: WTF? They're not even being creative with the trials, they're just making them immune to everything. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like at this point it's less strategy and more about just bulldozing your way through with as many OP units you can pull.

~~whimsy~~

Seems like they are trying to maximize the remaining whales and new players into purchasing for the "unit" of the week to conquer the trial of the update or month or whatever they do now.

Idk. I kinda wanna download it again and just waste my tickets. But if the game folds what good will units or tickets do any to start with? The game is starting to implode. Never thoight I would say it but the game is done. The veil is off my eyes. That's why so many whales abandoned ship that been there from get go.

I remember last year reading boit some whales jumping on that omni opera or something FF game. I never partook. I keep my mobile games simple. 1 or 2 on phone. That is it.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Seems like they are trying to maximize the remaining whales and new players into purchasing for the "unit" of the week to conquer the trial of the update or month or whatever they do now.

Idk. I kinda wanna download it again and just waste my tickets. But if the game folds what good will units or tickets do any to start with? The game is starting to implode. Never thoight I would say it but the game is done. The veil is off my eyes. That's why so many whales abandoned ship that been there from get go.

I remember last year reading boit some whales jumping on that omni opera or something FF game. I never partook. I keep my mobile games simple. 1 or 2 on phone. That is it.

/Buy in early and enjoy it before everyone else does.
/By the time you start seeing ads for it, run.
/whims logic is sound.
Out of curiosity, what games did you previously play? Ever think of going back to them, when the player population is gone?

~~whimsy~~

Well no ads in this game. They do have a spin wheel for in game gems that is optional.

However nothing is forced. Not even pay packages really. It is all up to discretion really. I lucked out being F2P. I managed to get really great units, items and tickets for more in long run. However they lost their imagination lol

tvstrip

Well no ads in this game. They do have a spin wheel for in game gems that is optional.
I'll give them that as well. It is truly F2P in that you can definitely finish the story and non-expert trials without dropping a cent.

Several things over time got to me though. The tech reqs & the whole 64b disaster was huge. The whole "you can't access your lapis if you login between ios/droid/amazon" was the final nail.
And of course them becoming more stingy & more $ focused. For people who have stuck out with it from the early days, you can really see the changes (both good & bad).

Sure, it's F2P, but if you go that route and want decent items/rewards, it takes WAAAAY to much time.

~~whimsy~~

Goodness that 64 bit was crazy dumb. Talk about huge loss of respect. Blaming google play and then the date it was supposedly happening I was still able to play the game! Just be honest and tell the players there was a screw up. I read where many ended up quitting after that. It was that that turned whales off and casual buyers and f2ps alike. So many quit.

Shame too. The game is a real gem. Or was?

Even the units are drowning honestly. Obsolete minus handful after a week or two of consecutive updates.

I'm so glad I didn't spend a penny on the game. So very glad

tvstrip

I don't think I will every truly "hate" the game. I still love the characters and I still listen to the soundtrack daily.
But unlike when I started the game, I don't have the time to invest playing multiple times a day (or even daily for that matter) and deal with the frustration of the gatcha system.

One thing that will make me play occasionally are the crossover events & story events. I do want to see where the story goes, and playing stages from the various FF games is nostalgic & fun.

I see there's OK 2.0. He's one of my main "go-to" units, so who knows, maybe I'll blow a ticket on him.

tvstrip

I played it recently because they're giving away a free 7* unit with cave of tides. (Xande). You get a free one just by playing a few rounds, and then after a full NRG run or 2 you'll have enough event currency for the prism to bump him to 7*
If you REALLY grind you can get enough for his STMR, but I don't know if I want to bother.
He's a mage that chains with OK. I have him up as my event friend unit so you can get the extra mats.

The "trial" is just the same boss, but with more HP, so it's not bad at all.

tvstrip

I was a little excited to see a Full Metal Alchemist event... only to find out:
-No original music
-No storyline
-Literally just ONE enemy character.
I'm guessing they are going to either add a "true" boss or maybe (unlikely) an exploration map, but in terms of crossover events, this is pathetic. Even the raid rewards are generic with no event-exclusive rewards.